Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: PANIC: I/O error - unable to open file

From: David Allouche
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: PANIC: I/O error - unable to open file
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 17:27:30 +0200

On Wed, 2004-09-22 at 14:37 +1000, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> I ran the following:
>
> find /home/arch/revlib/ | xargs chmod a+r
>
> which however concerns me, since there was a warning about changing
> permissions of files in the revlib.
>
> Is it better to blow away the revlib and recreate it at this point?

Yes. Permissions are version-controlled information.

Doing this corrupts your revlib.

Either tla will detect and you'll have to blow it away, or it will not
and it will cause (minor) archive corruption.

Shared revlib is the case where you want all your trees to be wholly
group read-writable.

--
                                                            -- ddaa