Re: [Gnu-arch-users] bitkeeper or arch and group culture

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] bitkeeper or arch and group culture
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 14:38:45 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: Miles Bader <address@hidden>

    > On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 10:28:54AM -0400, John S. Yates, Jr. wrote:
    > > 1) though Linus has to deal with his share of jerks
    > >    he is eternally the gentleman

    > I guess you're gonna have to chuck bitkeeper too, because Larry McVoy is a
    > right flaming asshole... (far worse than Tom).

Perhaps even more telling:

I've never found Larry's much denigrated posts to be as out of bounds
as they are commonly described --- only his choices wrt software
licensing and business practices and the philosophical justifications
he offers for them.

Some of us think we're playing hockey.  Others think we're playing
ultimate frisbee.  Oddly enough, we're all stuck in the same arena.

Go figure.