[Gnu-arch-users] [MERGE REQUEST] miscellaneous fixes to 'tla commit' com

From: Cameron Patrick
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] [MERGE REQUEST] miscellaneous fixes to 'tla commit' command
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 12:15:03 +0800

Base-Revision: address@hidden/tla--devo--1.2--patch-21
Revision: address@hidden/tla--commit--1.2--patch-1
Revision: address@hidden/tla--commit--1.2--patch-2
Revision: address@hidden/tla--commit--1.2--patch-3
Revision: address@hidden/tla--commit--1.2--patch-4
Revision: address@hidden/tla--commit--1.2--patch-5

  patch-1
    don't exit() if $EDITOR unset or if editor dies
  patch-2
    arch_make_edit_log: don't leave empty log file lying around if
    call to editor fails

These first two fix something that got me the first time I tried to
commit: I didn't have EDITOR set, tla complained, I set EDITOR, and
then it committed with an empty log.

  patch-3
    fix errant apostrophe in arch_cmd_commit
  patch-4
    arch_cmd_commit: reference to 'revimport' in error msg presumably
    really means 'import'

Typos.  The error message when committing to a branch with no base-0
revision originally said "version has no revisions -- use revimport
instead".  This changes it to say "import" which I'm guessing is the
current name for revimport.

  patch-5
    when attempting to commit to a mirror, complain _before_ the
    revision is locked

Trying to commit to a local mirror shouldn't alter the mirror at all.

Regards,

Cameron.