Re: BUG: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla [unix-like] commands

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: BUG: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla [unix-like] commands
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 22:02:00 -0400

Zenaan Harkness wrote:
Here's another one I find myself wanting (on > 2 occasions
just today):

  tla ln -s

which would, just like "tla cp" (copy file, tla add), would
create the link, then tla add that link.

The issue I see is that, to be worthwile, such commands should be worthy replacements for their unix equivalents. You've already encountered problems with mv. "tla rm" only works on files with explicit IDs, which is a bloody pain. It also doesn't support -R.

I don't want to see a bunch of half-assed implementations of unix commands, so until someone starts working on improved versions of the ones we've already got, I don't want to be adding new ones.

There's also the issue that new users consistently grumble about the number of commands, and this would add more.

If it really bugs ya, I'd suggest grabbing a tla wrapper and adding those commands to it.

Aaron