Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tag --seal - where does version-0 go?

From: Phil Frost
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tag --seal - where does version-0 go?
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 02:49:45 -0400

The newly created version(fix)-N goes just where patch-N would have gone
had --seal or --fix not been used. I have read the reasoning is that
given a version of 1.0, --version-0 coresponds with release 1.0.0 of the
project, while --versionfix-1 coresponds to 1.0.1. The reasoning against
this behaviour is that it's not possible to determine the parent of
--version-0 without looking at the archive.