Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [meta] list archives unhelpful

From: Adrian Irving-Beer
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 07:45:57 -0400

On Wed, Sep 29, 2004 at 07:27:36AM -0400, James Blackwell wrote:

> Not to ring my own bell, but you could try the archive registry at
> http://sourcecontrol.net/?m=mirrorstats

Except it's not the archive URLs that are mangled (unless they contain
address@hidden syntax); it's the actual archive names.

Example:

        I've branched cduffy's cscvs--experimental--1.1 into
        address@hidden/cscvs--experimental--1.0.

Nothing useful there I could even look up, except to infer that I
should look for something probably similar to the poster -- who I
would also only know by name, not e-mail. ;)

That's still a feasable alternative, but it puts a lot of guesswork
into things.