[Gnu-arch-users] Re: [BUG] sync-tree should work like replay when patch-

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [BUG] sync-tree should work like replay when patch-level is specified
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 16:15:23 +0900

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:
> As briefly discussed with Aaron earlier today, this feature actually
> makes sense for both mkpatch and dopatch, and users thereof.
>
> Then as Aaron pointed out, maybe `sync-tree' could be actually just do
> `update --patch-logs-only'...  [etc.]

Oh, and for what it's worth, I think `update --patch-logs-only' is
actually much easier to understand for the uninitiated than the somewhat
cryptic `sync-tree', something which is especially nice because
sync-tree has always been one of those commands that confuses newbies...

-Miles
--
We have met the enemy, and he is us.  -- Pogo