[Gnu-arch-users] building arch on cygwin (was: darcs vs tla)

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] building arch on cygwin (was: darcs vs tla)
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 00:35:10 -0500

John A Meinel, et al.

Following the recipe below I did successfully build tla on
Cygwin from the listed archives as of 30 November, but in
addition to the unit-unidata test failure below, I am seeing
numerous other test failures:

In hackerlab/tests/fs-tests/unit-file-names.sh
  home...
  expand...

In tla/tests/test-my-id.sh

  Setting my-id: Jane Doe <address@hidden>
  mkdir: cannot create directory `+': File exists

(At this point I stopped trying to continue running the tests
by commenting out failures.)

In spite of these test failures, tla does seem to be quite
functional in my simple manual tests. Are the test failures
above special cases that do not often occur in practice?
Should I just ignore these failures? Or is there work in
progress to address them?

Also, I notice that the reference to a "binary version available
at http://ct.radiology.uiowa.edu/~jfmeinel/archives";  at
http://wiki.gnuarch.org/moin.cgi/Native_20WIN32_20Support
is apparently out of date since I no longer find the referenced
files there.  If I recall correctly, I did download an executable
cygwin tla from that location on 19 November. I have been using
it successfully from the last 10 days. Is a new binary now
available somewhere else?

Regards,
Bill Page.