Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Bazaar and TLA compatability?

From: Jan Hudec
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Bazaar and TLA compatability?
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 08:23:52 +0100

On Sun, Jan 30, 2005 at 19:05:04 -0800, Colin Fox wrote:
> Is baz 100% compatable with tla as far as the archive is concerned? In

It's not 100% compatible. It is backwards compatible.

> other words, if I've been using TLA for a while, can I just start using
> bazaar, or do I have to start with bazaar from scratch?

You can start using bazaar without any problems.

> And for the developers working on a project, can some people use tla and
> some baz with no issues?

No. IIRC bazaar uses an improved archive, that did not make it in tla
yet. So while baz can always work with archives created with tla, tla
might not be able to work with archives created with baz. The new format
is expected to be implemented in next version of tla so then they should
be compatible again.

                                                 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec
<address@hidden>