Re: [Gnu-arch-users] signing rules

From: Robert Collins
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] signing rules
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 08:35:49 +1100

On Tue, 2005-03-08 at 09:01 -0600, John A Meinel wrote:
> Robert Collins wrote:

> I do wish that by default when setting up a mirror, tla would default to
> copying the signature. Rather than having to manually create the
> ~/.arch-params/signing/${ARCHIVE}-MIRROR file.

Right. My current work has been refactoring the internals of
pfs-signature and its calling API to be able to determine if its new or
old style rules. I'm just starting on the actual new functionality. The
very next thing on my list is automatic determination of 'copy or
regenerate'.

>  I just never figured out how to implement a user permissioned
> communication port like UNIX sockets on windows.

IIRC its CreatePipe, with an appropriate ACL.

Rob