[Gnu-arch-users] Re: problems with bash-complete: doubling prefix@

From: Deliverable Mail
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: problems with bash-complete: doubling prefix@
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 21:48:48 -0500

An even simpler example, which is for realistic use: you want to tag a
project from address@hidden archive to a local project.  I
use the underscore, _ to show where the cursor stops.

tla tag jb_
TAB
tla tag address@hidden
TAB
tla tag address@hidden

In general, any attempt to get a completion of a fully qualified name
such as address@hidden/tlacontrib--devo--1.2

will double the prefix before @ right after hitting the / and getting
c--b--v.  One has to go back and manually undouble the prefix if you
want any further completion.

Creating plain files address@hidden and address@hidden shows that bash handles
them OK,
but mixes with e-mail names on my box, so I have to escape \@ -- then
it completes them fine, without doubling the prefix.  There's
something about that @ deep inside tla completions...

Cheers,
Alexy