Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Free space wasting when handling binary files

From: Simon Geusebroek
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Free space wasting when handling binary files
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 20:54:44 +0100

Because I'm not using Arch for software development: I have to version
control live-CDs, that is to say complete workspaces. Managing only
source files would imply complete compilation of a system from the
kernel to the Open Office suite passing by all modules, desktop
environment, web browser and all other software needed by users: this
would be anything else than a waste of time, and it is much practical
to simply manage .deb files and a set of scripts which would build
.iso images on demand…