[Gnu-arch-users] Working offline: commit: tree has no patch log for vers

From: Karl O. Pinc
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Working offline: commit: tree has no patch log for version
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 01:56:37 +0000

Hi,

Arch 1.3 (debian sarge)

I want to work offline so I:

Make a mirror and tla archive-mirror it.

Go offline.

Make an archive.  Tag a branch into it.
Do some work.

Now I want to update the master archive.

Go on line.

Update the mirror.

Go off line.

Then (because why not?) star-merge the mirror into my branch
tree and commit back to my branch archive.
My branch is now up to date with the master
(unless the master has since been updated.)
(Resolve conflicts as necessary.  In actual
fact, there were no conflicts.)

Check a tree out of the mirror.

Star merge into the mirror tree my archive branch.
This branched tree is now as current as can be and
is what I want to commit back to the master.

Now, in the mirror tree I do a tla set-tree-version
to point to the master archive.

Go on line.

When I do a tla commit in the mirror tree, intending to update
the master archive, I get the error:
commit: tree has no patch log for version

However, I do not get this message at this point (but have
not been brave enough to supply a password
and commit to the master archive) if I
do a 'tla changes' before doing the set-tree-version.

Is doing a tla changes working around some bug
or am I doing something completely wrong?

I would like to be able to work entirely from the
mirror archive, except when having to go on-line
to either update the mirror or commit to the master.
I would prefer not to have to get a tree from
the master, as I already have a mirror.  (Otherwise,
in terms of bandwidth, I may as well just keep
a checked out tree of the master up to date.)

Karl <address@hidden>
                -- Robert A. Heinlein