Re: [Gnu-arch-users] new documentation progress

From: Robert Anderson
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] new documentation progress
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 11:44:00 -0800

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 17:48:33 -0800 (PST), Tom Lord <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've been working up some new docs in "handbook" format.
> It's not done yet but there's enough to get the sense:
>
>   http://www.seyza.com/src/docs-tla/my/id.html
>
> and
>
>   http://www.gnuarch.org/src/docs-tla/my/id.html
>
> I'm open to "early feedback" at this stage although
> the development pace for these docs is very fast
> so it won't be "early" for long :-)

Tom,

The {archive} convention has been the source of no end of trouble on
my team by csh and tcsh users, all of whom pretty much learned to hate
GNU arch right out of the gates after struggling with this.  There's
all kinds of escaping headaches associated with {} in csh and tcsh.

I know, "fix your darn shell" and all that, but really, get real.  csh
and tcsh will be around for decades and nobody's going to fix them.
That's the reality.

Bob