[Gnu-arch-users] Cacherevs ignored by tla library-add -s

From: Martin Langhoff
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Cacherevs ignored by tla library-add -s
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 18:30:19 +1200

I have a mirror with several cacherevs. All clients see the cacherevs
when I run `tla cachedrevs`.

Some clients (Debian-x86 unstable tla-1.2-4) use the cacherevs as
expected when `tla library-add -s ` is invoked. Other clients
(Debian-amd64 unstable 1.2-4 and 1.3-1) ignore cacherevs and build
everything from "base-0" upwards. This takes a few hours and 10GB, so
I'd rather avoid it.

At this stage, I am not sure if it's operator error or a bug in 1.3,
so I'm looking for help isolating the problem.

>From my console on the AMD64:
$ tla cachedrevs
moodle--eduforge--1.3.3--patch-1
moodle--eduforge--1.3.3--patch-191
moodle--eduforge--1.3.3--patch-430
moodle--eduforge--1.3.3--patch-515
moodle--eduforge--1.3.3--patch-577

$ tla library-add -s moodle--eduforge--1.3.3--patch-515
* searching ancestor revision in library in archive
address@hidden
* found ancestor revision in library
(address@hidden/moodle-org--moodle--1.3.3--patch-1)
* patching for this revision