Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Mixing baz and tla?

From: John A Meinel
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Mixing baz and tla?
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 11:18:50 -0500

Yaron Minsky wrote:

Is it safe to mix baz and tla?  I've been doing so recently, and have
seen a number of segfaults in tla, and unexpected behavior in baz.
What's the recommended behavior here?

Which version of tla? tla-1.3.1 has a few just plain segfault bugs,
which have nothing to do with baz (some un-initialized variables).

I'm not sure what you mean by "unexpected" behavior.

I know that baz 1.3 changed the layout of how archives are registered,
and allows urls instead of the regular namespace. (baz get http://.
rather than baz get archive--name/project).
Which has some odd effects that the archive is automatically registered,
though I assume it is registered in the new format not the old.

I've done it, and it works pretty well for me. I'm hoping tla can merge
the archive registration changes soon, so that they stay compatible.

John
=:->