Re: [Gnu-arch-users] GNU Arch maintainership

From: James Blackwell
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] GNU Arch maintainership
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 13:59:31 -0400

>> > I would like to offer you (and respectfully (even if
>> > publicly) ask that you accept) my resignation as GNU
>> > Arch maintainer, effective immediately.
>>=20
>> Canonical is very happy for Bazaar to be seen as a continuation of the
>> work done by Tom in tla. The community has a lot of work to do to live
>> up to Tom's vision. By working together, as a community, the spirit of
>> Tom's vision can live on. We wish Tom all the best in his new projects.
>
> Have you ever considered going into politics? And that was bricktext.

There is no cabal.

Hmmm. "President Blackwell" does have a nice ring to it... I can offer
you this deal: If you can me into Stanford (a practical requirement for
US presidents) my first executive order will be to change the spelling
of "gray" and "aluminum" to their British spellings.

The bricktext was pure coincidence.... though that does remind me of an
email I wrote somebody a long time ago. The crafting, which took a
couple hours, resulted in a very long bricktext paragraph in which
every single line had only one e, each in the same column. :)

--
 James Blackwell      |   Life is made of the stuff that hasn't killed
 Tell someone a joke! |   you yet.                       - yours truly