Re: [Gnu-arch-users] last modified info

From: Mikhael Goikhman
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] last modified info
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 19:46:25 +0000

On 14 Nov 2005 05:11:25 +1100, Matthew Hannigan wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 12, 2005 at 10:39:54AM -0800, Ralf Juengling wrote:
> >
> > I have the following problem:
> > Check out a project tree of the latest revision of
> > some project from some {arch}ive. For each source file
> > in the project tree, give the time it was last modified.
> >
> > Is this possible at all? Any suggestions how to do this
> > much appreciated.
>
> 'bazaar' has the annotate command which will give you
> this and much more

"annotate" is a highly inefficient way to solve this task.

I may suggest to get "axp" and use "axp history" command that works on
local tree logs. Then you may run the following line:

  for file in `tla inventory -s -B`; echo $file; \
    axp history --date $file | head -2 | tail -1; end

that should print the recorded last modified time of every file,
directory and symlink in arbitrary arch-controlled tree. Renames of
parent directories and all other complex cases should be handled
correctly. You may omit "-B" from "inventory" to exclude directories.

[axp also has "annotate" command that may dive into ancestry branches
and archives, and has interesting unique features, but as I said,
"annotate" is very inefficient for your task, it requires repository.]

Regards,
Mikhael.