[Gnu-arch-users] Re: patch: automatic cacherev and smarter get

From: Matthieu Moy
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: patch: automatic cacherev and smarter get
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 23:45:20 +0100

Mikhael Goikhman <address@hidden> writes:

> Besides, a revlib consumes a _huge_ amount of inodes that constitutes a
> real problem in many cases (compared to one tarball per 50 revisions).

My sysadmin was a bit angry while reinstalling my machine (with a
newer distro), since I didn't delete my revlib before that, and the
backup+restore of the 2 or 3 Gb of revlib I had took several hours.

He would have been even more angry if I told him how long it took to
rm -fr */ the revision library (because backup+restore had invalidated
my inode signature)...

;-)

--
Matthieu