Re: [Gnu-arch-users] birthdays and names

From: Andy Tai
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] birthdays and names
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 02:49:39 -0800

Thanks.  I will incorporate this explanation into the README files of tla so future users will know this piece of history clearly :-)

On 12/19/05, Thomas Lord <address@hidden> wrote:
> Happy birthday to Tom Lord's Arch!
To you and others, please stop calling it that.  That's not
what TLA stands for. TLA is a punning acronym that I chose because
it could stand for "true love, always" and "three letter acronym".

The former because of a misplaced faith in humanity.  The latter
because it is a traditional hacker joke.