[Gnu-arch-users] what do you mean by *that*?!!?

From: Thomas Lord
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] what do you mean by *that*?!!?
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 11:13:51 -0800

One of the fundamental elements of the design of
revision control systems[1] is the assignment of names.
We name hackers, projects, branches, revisions,
patches, log messages....   We ought to choose
our words (our names) with care.

A symmetric topic arose recently in the Scheme world
in the context of something called "SRFI-84".

Here is my reply:

  http://dasht-brk.livejournal.com/23779.html?mode=reply

-t

[1] Those of you who will be at FOSDEM 2006 -- please
    seek me out and say hello.  My talk is titled:

      Elements of Revision Control -- Designing Arch