Re: [Gnu-arch-users] re: license question

From: Mark Flacy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] re: license question
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 14:38:21 -0600

On 2006.03.17 12:48, Thomas Lord wrote:

And really, this is just the start. It still bugs me that customers will be able to examine and even modify the source code. But perhaps that is easily fixed too. After all, if a customer modifies the code it is harder for me to audit them for license compliance -- so I could add a clause saying that if they modify the code they owe me an additional $1M per CPU -- it's a support fee, don't ya know. Ok, so they can still examine the source but undermining 3 out of 4 software freedoms isn't bad and, anyway, even Microsoft sometimes let's people see the source.

Gee, Tom, a long-winded and somewhat roundabout way to claim that anyone buying into the RedHat distribution model is amazingly stupid.

Big whoop.