[Gnu-arch-users] [FOSDEM substitute] Are We Not Cats -or- "I Meant to Do

From: Thomas Lord
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] [FOSDEM substitute] Are We Not Cats -or- "I Meant to Do That"
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 00:19:45 -0800

[boilerplate introduction skipped for this edition.  Promise, the
 series is quite finite -- roughly less than double the current
 length.  Yes, I am working off an outline.  There is an arc, here.]

              Are We Not Cats -or- "I Meant to Do That"

  I promised a series of short essays.  This is the shortest.

  "Out of order delivery" of document versions is inevitable.

  "Forgery is always possible -- even probable."

  "User interfaces tell the truth."

  Why not extend the right of forgery to authentic authors,
  where it makes sense?

  Having published "Doc v1" and "Doc v2" -- it should be
  my right, as the authentic author, to subsequently fill
  in "Doc v1.5".

  Years later, even.

  The user interface better accommodate.