[Gnu-arch-users] "tla build-config" question and suggestion

From: Pedro Perez
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] "tla build-config" question and suggestion
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 17:10:15 -0400

Hello Everyone,
Today, while trying to use "tla build-config" I tried to used the following configuration file:

./patches   address@hidden/lfs--patches--4.0
./packages  address@hidden/lfs--packages--4.0
../static        address@hidden/images--static--4.0

and got an error. Here is the error message:
"arch_read_config: illegal config file (lfs--scripts.conf)"

Apparently the extra dot in front of ./static is not an acceptable character/path for tla.

Later today, I tried the following configuration file:
./lfs/.           address@hidden/lfs--scripts--0.1
./lfs/patches   address@hidden/lfs--patches--4.0
./lfs/packages  address@hidden/lfs--packages--4.0
./static        address@hidden/images--static--4.0

and got an error. Here is the error message:
get: output directory already exists (/home/pperez/tla-archives/configs/lfs/.)

After further further review (by looking carefully at the configuration file documented in the tutorial) I realized that I should not append a "/." to the end of "./lfs".

So question one is, is a double dot (parent directory) an illegal path for "tla build-config" ?
Question two is, why ./lfs/. does not work but ./lfs does work?

The only explanation in the tutorial about the syntactics of a configuration file read like this: "The |CONTENTS| field can be a branch (meaning, get the latest revision of the latest version on that branch), a version (meaning get the latest revision in that version), or a revision name (meaning get that revision, exactly)."

There is no definition for LOCATION.

Here is a question/suggestion, should tla have a check-config command that parses a config file and informs the user of any errors?

--
Pedro Perez