Re: [Gnu-arch-users] planning 2.0?

From: Aldrik KLEBER
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] planning 2.0?
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 13:18:22 +0200

Le Vendredi 21 Avril 2006 13:12, Ludovic Courtès a écrit :
> Right, the archive format could probably be modified to be less
> demanding on path length.
>
> That said, this really is a limitation, I'd even say a flaw, of the
> underlying OS.  You wouldn't want to worry about 8.3 file names for
> instance, would you?

The goal of writting a project, is that this project can be used.

Next we are talking about how to store data for an RCS product, in my view, it
is not normal that storage guide the design of a software like a RCS, because
it is not his work, this is OS work or storage server work to watch how data
should be stored.

Aldrik