Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Summer of Code

From: Thomas Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Summer of Code
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 07:56:11 -0700

Ludovic Courtès wrote:
Saurabh and Tom,

How is the coding summer?  ;-)

Are you planning to report to the list about what you've been doing so
far (maybe this is not the "right time" yet, which I'd perfectly
understand)?

The Summer of Code program has a decision point
built-in at "mid-term" when mentors (me) and their
organizations (the FSF's GNU project) make a
"go/no-go" decision.    The mid-term point recently
passed.

It would not be proper for me to discuss the reasons
but I chose "no-go".    In other words, the GNU Arch
Summer of Code project has been terminated this year.

I think everyone involved is disappointed that things
didn't work out but, well, sometimes things just don't
work out.