Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Automatic ChangeLog

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Automatic ChangeLog
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 23:00:09 +0200 (CEST)

   How do you make tla automatically update ChangeLog files?

   I never figured out how to do so :)

I don't have a clue, but I personally hate the ChangeLog that tla
produces, it is in no way GNUish which is the format that I like.  I
maintain a normal GNU style ChangeLog, and then use a script,
tla-commit[0], to commit files that the most recent ChangeLog entries
list with a massaged tla log entry that got produced by
tla-changelog-to-log.

Doesn't really answer the question, but thought that I might share my
thoughts (and script :-) with everyone.

[0]: address@hidden/tla-tools--main--0
     http://www.update.uu.se/~ams/{archives}/2004