Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Mirroring local archives locally and remotley

From: Andy Tai
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Mirroring local archives locally and remotley
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 15:43:00 -0700

Hi, thanks for the information.  While it looks like a big change, it is useful to know as a source of material for me to possibly borrow from.
Thanks.

On 8/4/06, David Allouche <address@hidden> wrote:

It was actually implemented in baz.

Each archive had a corresponding config file in
~/.arch-params/archive/$ARCHIVE_NAME, that contained all the known URLs
for that archive plus some hints on how the URLs should be used (off
memory, things like "master", "readonly" and "priority=%d"). To request
operation on a specific location, the archive name was replaced by the
URL of the archive (that also happened to pun well on version URLs in
baz format archives).

Though it's a seriously disruptive change. I know how disruptive, I had
to implement so basic support for that in pybaz and convert some
dependent code. If memory serves, that was considered too disruptive for
the current conservative policy of the tla maintainer.

--
                                                            -- ddaa