Re: [Gnu-arch-users] applications of an Arch user's ~/.arch-params/=id

From: Thomas Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] applications of an Arch user's ~/.arch-params/=id
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 07:27:42 -0700

Sean Champ wrote:
I trust the design of Arch, as it being rock-solid.

Well, thank you.   It has a few sharp corners but, if it is not
too immodest, I basically agree.

I consider that it should be some comfortable work, to interface an Arch
archive from within a Common Lisp system.

I think (or at least hope) that you'll find a CL implementation
to be compact and clean.

A suggestion:  you may find it easiest to build and test-as-you-go
if you retrace the steps of the original development.   In other words,
build and debug the layers in the same order they were originally
built.

That would mean building `inventory' support first, then
`mkpatch/dopatch', then archives, then revision libraries.