Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Question about bug 8206

From: Mark A. Flacy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Question about bug 8206
Date: 03 Oct 2006 13:32:51 -0500

>>>>> "Miles" == Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:
Miles>
Miles> Eh, how does that follow?  Docbook sources are horribly ugly -- they're
Miles> _so_ verbose that it's often quite a chore to even find the underlying
Miles> text for all the layers of (verbose) tagging.  I've never written a
Miles> document in docbook, but for the same reason it looks like pure drudgery
Miles> to write if you're not using rather heavy editor magic.

I have.  I've never written a texinfo document (at all) but I cannot
imagine that to be an improvement over docbook.

Miles>
Miles> I would never consider docbook an acceptable source form as long as
Miles> people expect to able to reasonably edit the sources as raw text.

A vanishingly small number of potential markup languages fit that bill.
Unless your markup requirements are presentation-only and not very
complex.

I don't expect people to write program code without some form of editor
assist, for that matter.

--
 Mark A. Flacy
 Any opinions expressed above are my own.  Any facts expressed above