[Gnu-arch-users] New breed of arch client

From: Shaddy
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] New breed of arch client
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 12:45:30 -0700

When I first read about arch, I found both a lot of things I liked about it, and things I did not like so much--feelings I suspect others have felt as well. Because arch's underlying concepts are what gives it unlimited potential and because it is backed by GNU, which is in the end, all of us, I feel committed to making it work for me. So my solution is to create a layer between tla and the user that gives the user more freedom and a more efficient way of using tla. They unique feature of this piece of software is that it won't require tla to be installed on the local machine which will allow it to be compatible with any system. It will be able to use tla remotely over SSH (or locally). It will keep track of the revisioned files itself, in some method that was friendlier to Windows to improve arch's viability while the main archive will remain on a compatible system. To preserve arch's inherent decentralized repository, each user would have their archive hosted either remotely or locally on a compatible system, but there is also the option for a semi decentralized repository where a group of users would share one, another group would share another. I haven't worked out any of the details, but I'm planning on using GTK for the GUI. I was hoping to find people who are interested so I could make this software a reality. My main restriction is time,

Your friends are close to you.  Keep them that way.