Re: [Gnu-arch-users] GPLv2 or GPLv2+

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] GPLv2 or GPLv2+
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 23:11:07 +0100 (CET)

   I put in a "reasonable best effort" on such things under the
   circumstances, but it would have cost (more) real money to keep all
   of those things in perfect order.

Collecting copyright assignments is trivial business, and doesn't
require any effort at all.  Infact, it is less effort than not
collecting them, since if you do not, you end up with things like
this.

   No, I don't take you to be harshly scolding me in the slightest.
   I'm not trying to be defensive about the matter at all.

Wasn't scolding you harshly or otherwise really...

   I'm just saying that there's only so much one can do and perfecting
   all the notices would have taken quite a lot more hours that would
   have had to have been paid for *somehow*.  It didn't seem an
   especially important priority since, had larger-scale funding
   happened at all, it would have been easy to clean up pretty quick.
   Sorry for the mess but, whatcha gonna do?)

Not create it to begin with, always easier to clean up a mess that
didn't exist.