Re: emake-frame.el --- Enhanced make-frame operation for Emacs

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: emake-frame.el --- Enhanced make-frame operation for Emacs
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 22:00:04 +0000 (UTC)

   ;; C-n creates the new frame which is a child of the current frame.  Note
that
   ;; by default Emacs uses 'next-line' on C-n but in modern installations this
is
   ;; redundant because most users use the arrow keys IMO.

I hope not!  The arrow keys are much less efficient than using C-n and
C-p.  I hope that most current users are as concerned with wasting
their and others' time as in the past.

Arrow keys are excellent when you don't know what you are doing.  But
after 15 minutes or so, I would hope everyone learns to become more
efficient.

Left hand little finger to the left of the `a' key; right hand first
finger on the `n' key; or else, right hand little finger on the `p'
key.  That is much quicker than moving your whole hand to reach an
arrow key.

(I have bound the arrow keys to functions that call `(scroll-up 1)'
and `(scroll-down 1)'; I use them sometimes, but not as often as C-n
and C-p.)

--
    Robert J. Chassell                  address@hidden
    Rattlesnake Enterprises             http://www.rattlesnake.com