Re: isearchb.el 1.5

From: Sergei Pokrovsky
Subject: Re: isearchb.el 1.5
Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 18:19:16 +0700

>>>>> "Kai" == Kai Grossjohann <address@hidden> writes:

  Kai> Peter Lee <address@hidden> writes:
>>>>> John Wiegley writes:

  John>>> isearchb.el is like isearch applied to iswitchb: It makes it
  John>>> trivial to switch to commonly used buffers by typing just a
  John>>> few characters. Whereas with iswitchb it took 6 keystrokes
  John>>> to locate my *Group* buffer, now it just takes 3.

  >> What's the difference between using isearchb and mcomplete with
  >> iswitchb? Just curious, as mcomplete has substring matching as
  >> well.

  Kai> What's the difference between using iswitchb and using iswitchb
  Kai> with mcomplete? Just curious, as iswitchb has substring
  Kai> matching as well.

  Kai> SCNR, but the question is meant seriously.

When I used mcomplete in emacs 20.* it enabled me to use substring
match for bookmarks and help as well. Unfortunately, that piece of
code no longer works in emacs 21.

--
Sergei