Re: [off] Quantity of Spam

From: Dirk Meyer
Subject: Re: [off] Quantity of Spam
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 19:02:29 +0200

Phillip Lord wrote:
> This news groups is starting to appear more and more like my spam
> box. It's quite hard to find the lisp content hidden among the spam.
>
> Most of it appears to be coming from the mail gateway. Is it possible
> that this can be spam filtered? Does anyone know who controls this?

Maybe someone has a nice Gnus rules for this? Something like

1. show postings with defun in it (each posting here should have it).

2. for discussions / feedback (even if they don't belong here): show
   also postings with a reference to a defun article

3. show also postings with [offtopic] (just in case for discussions
   like this.

4. mark the rest as unread or lower score.

This should work, but I didn't wrote elisp for years and don't know
about Gnus internals. Anyone?

Dischi

--
"We're back to the times when men were men and wrote their own device
 drivers"