[off] Proposal: Quantity of Spam

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: [off] Proposal: Quantity of Spam
Date: 21 May 2004 13:36:12 +0100

Oh dear, I didn't mean to start such a flurry of conversation on a
source newsgroup.

It seems to me that the only solution here is to moderate the mail
gateways. As far as I can tell (and I am no expert) most of the spam
is coming from these, rather than from newsgroup per se. I believe
that moderating a newsgroup post-hoc is hard. But I would be happy to
act as a moderator for this news group, just on spam grounds. I
already do this for several other mailing lists, and its not too
onerous, particularly if there are 2 or 3 others doing this, and there
is mail based moderation system, rather than a web one.

Would this be possible?

Phil