Re: generic mode for pgp encrypted files e.g. to store passwords

From: Josef Bauer
Subject: Re: generic mode for pgp encrypted files e.g. to store passwords
Date: 02 Aug 2004 11:24:26 +0200

 RMS> We recommend GPG, which is free software, over PGP which is not.
 RMS> Does this work with GPG as well?

No ... at the moment it is partly hard coded to pgp. I need to check
what needs to be done to make it work with gpg. I believe that my
current version of mailcrypt does not support gpg but newer versions
should do.

 RMS> Could you possibly make it into a contribution to Mailcrypt?

Well ... in my view it is only a tiny gimmick for .emacs files. So I
am impressed to hear from RMS in person :-0 . But given this fact I
will think about that ;-) .

Best regards

Josef