Re: places.el --- remember list of places within files

From: Dryice Liu
Subject: Re: places.el --- remember list of places within files
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 17:10:40 +0800

Tim X <address@hidden> wrote:

> address@hidden writes:
>
>> Here's a little package I used when I had to understand how a big
>> legacy software package works. I used it to remember positions within
>> the source code belonging to particular use cases.
>>
>> I post it here if anyone's interested (and I also will find it here in
>> case I need it again later). There is no error handling, so be sure no
>> to make mistakes. :)
>>
> Hate to say this, but you might want to check out emacs 'bookmarks'
> and the emacs "save place' functionality that comes with emacs out of
> the box.

AFAICS, there's something not in the "bookmarks" or "save place"
functionality, (or I don't know those two very well): that is to
organize the bookmarks in several related sets, or "chain" as the
author used. I like this feature.

--
Dryice @ http://dryice.3322.org

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/sylvester-response.html