Re: babel.el - version 0.3

From: Jürgen Hötzel
Subject: Re: babel.el - version 0.3
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 21:01:01 +0100

On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 10:13:59AM -0700, Kevin Rodgers wrote:
> Jürgen Hötzel wrote:
> > This is a new version of babel.el (originaly written by Eric Marsden). I
> > revised it to support backends with UTF-8 encoding.  babel.el requires
> > emacs 22.x.
>
> What features of Emacs 22 does it depend on?

It depends on the url package.  I did not try the old w3/url package on
emacs 21.4 (as the url package is now part of GNU emacs 22). But it should
be possible to port babel.el to emacs 21.4 by using the old w3/url package
and writing some wrapper functions. For example url-retrieve-synchronously
was introduced in emacs 22 and is not part of the the old w3 package:

Symbol's function definition is void: url-retrieve-synchronously

> So is this version 0.3 (as in the Subject) or 0.4?

Yes: its 0.4. Sorry about the typo.

Jürgen