Re: gds.el --- Emacs interface to Google Desktop Search

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: gds.el --- Emacs interface to Google Desktop Search
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 20:12:10 -0500

Is Google Desktop Search a non-free program?  I think that it is.  If
so, people should not be installing it on their computers.  (The same
is true of Apple's iTunes software.)

Also, it is not a good thing to release software that only
runs on Windows.  Doing so effectively encourages people to
use Windows, which is exactly what we want to discourage.

Is it feasible to write a free replacement for Google Desktop Search?