Re: gds.el --- Emacs interface to Google Desktop Search

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: gds.el --- Emacs interface to Google Desktop Search
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 14:29:56 -0500

    I've often wondered, for an experiment, what results you woul dget if
    you created a handy little utility, but embedded within it som ecode
    which gathered information about the user and mailed it to some remote
    site.

I recall that a non-free program was liberated a few years ago and the
users soon found a back-door in it.  And that wasn't a "little
utility".  So apparently people do look, often enough, at the code.

I wish I could recall the name of that program.  Does anyone know?