Re: predictive.el -- predictive completion of words as you type in Emacs

From: newsspam5REMOVETHIS
Subject: Re: predictive.el -- predictive completion of words as you type in Emacs
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 22:51:14 +0100

Thorsten Bonow <address@hidden> writes:

>     Uwe> There is also dabbrev-hover.el, however I had difficulties with this
>     Uwe> package under Xemacs, however your pkg seem to work nicely.
> Predictive
>     Uwe> on the other hand seems also not to work to smoothly with Xemacs (so
>     Uwe> far).
>
> (Off topic I guess, maybe we should move to an XEmacs group...)
>
> Hm, I can't get pabbrev.el to work with XEmacs. I'm using XEmacs 21.4.19
> coming
> with my up to date Debian Unstable. Starting with xemacs -vanilla and just
> the
> first completion.
>
> Did you do something special to make it work? Using 21.5 or something?

It depends, if you have some packages already have loaded it
might work.  Basically you need to require 'overlay and define
some functions missing on XEmacs.  Those are also provided by
other packages and thus in a non vanilla XEmacs it might work.

I have sent a patch fixing these to Phillip Lord which should
fix these problems, but I am still playing a bit with it to
workout some issues.

Robert.