Re: globalff.el --- Global find file

From: spamfilteraccount
Subject: Re: globalff.el --- Global find file
Date: 8 Mar 2006 11:01:16 -0800

Thorsten Bonow wrote:

> Hi, thanks. But this should be included in globalff.

The next version is in the works which doesn't use electric anymore.

> Still can't make it work. Using XEmacs 21.4.19 and an up to date GNU Emacs
> from
> CVS. Just opens a window and prompts in the minibuffer, but nothing happens
> when
> typing a path/filename. Did I do anything stupid?

There's really nothing special in the Elisp, so it should work. I use
Gnu Emacs 21.4 on linux. Does locate work for you on the command line?

Maybe it's a local problem on your side.

Has anyone else here tried it? If so did it work for you seamlessly?

> How does your library relate to gse-locate
> (http://www.antisleep.com/elisp/gse-locate.el), the other locate front-end
> I'am
> using for some time now?

I didn't know about gse-locate, so I can't tell it right now.

Looking at the code I'd say gse-locate doesn't update the list of
matching files dynamically as you're typing the pattern while mine
does.