Re: extview.el --- open files with external viewer

From: roodwriter
Subject: Re: extview.el --- open files with external viewer
Date: 04 Apr 2006 03:33:09 -0400

I'd like to commend you for this code. I've sometimes loaded up
non-text files using dired but, while it works, it keeps Emacs from
doing anything else. This doesn't.

The only change I'd like to see is some better directions for
associating more file formats. Being a non-lisper, it took me a little
while to figure out how to do that and get the parentheses in the
right spots. I doubt I'm the only non-programmer who uses Emacs.

Again, thanks.

--Rod
Author of "Linux for Non-Geeks--Clear-eyed Answers for Practical
Consumers" and "Boring Stories from Uncle Rod." To reply by e-mail
take the second "o" out of the e-mail address.