Re: other-window-or-buffer

From: liyer . vijay
Subject: Re: other-window-or-buffer
Date: 5 May 2006 10:49:29 -0700

John Sturdy wrote:
> Here's one of those "commands I wouldn't be without", to avoid all that
> typing of buffer names (and all that hurried mistyping of buffer
> names).
>
> (defun other-window-or-buffer ()

Just out of curiousity, which keybinding have you replaced?  C-x o or
C-x b ?

>   "Switch to the next window, or, if there is only one window, the next
> buffer.
> If done repeatedly when there is only one window, keeps getting
> different
> buffers from the buffer list"

If you want to cycle through buffers, have you looked at the M-x
iswitchb-mode minor mode?

Cheers
Vijay Lakshminarayanan

> Can we quote you on that?
A long time ago, someone in the Lisp industry told me it was poor form
quote people; it suggests that they lack value.
        -- Kent M Pitman <address@hidden> in comp.lang.lisp