Re: tex-math-preview.el

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: tex-math-preview.el
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 12:35:14 +0200

"Kevin" == Kevin Ryde <address@hidden> writes:

Kevin> This is some code I've been using to look at how TeX Kevin> maths come out. I know tex-mode has printing and Kevin> previewing, but I wanted something both a little less Kevin> and a little more -- automatically pick out the maths at Kevin> point, and then only show the image or an error (don't Kevin> keep a running tex and don't create any files). Kevin> Sophisticated tex users won't be impressed, but if Kevin> you're unsophisticated like me then it's all you Kevin> want. :) Hello

I just tried to use it for wikipedia files since the documentation states it will work also for wikipedia markup. So I tried it with xemacs 21.4.18 and GNU Emacs 21.4.1 however <math>

\int

</math>

tex-math-preview returns not in a TeX-math-expression. It should be in _one_ line, <math>\int </math>

however
then I got an error I attach (debug-on-error t). The same error
occurred for $\int$

Regards

Uwe Brauer