Re: eclips.el - periodically collect clipboard contents

From: Ian Zimmerman
Subject: Re: eclips.el - periodically collect clipboard contents
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 13:13:29 -0400

Hello,

thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it!

I can't test or code right now (writing from work), but I want to react to one
of your suggestions.  I considered using run-with-idle-timer (rwit forthwith)
but it seemed unsuitable due to the following passage in the documentation:

  Emacs becomes "idle" when it starts waiting for user input, and it
remains idle until the user provides some input.  If a timer is set for
five seconds of idleness, it runs approximately five seconds after Emacs
first becomes idle.  Even if REPEAT is non-`nil', this timer will not
run again as long as Emacs remains idle, because the duration of
idleness will continue to increase and will not go down to five seconds
again.

So, it seems the recording would stop it you stopped interacting with Emacs.
Is this bit also present in the XEmacs documentation of rwit?  Perhaps more
directly, does recording work for you when you start working in other apps
rather than Emacs?

thanks again,