Re: Calendar hack: Displaying ISO weeks, update for emacs 22, the real u

From: Edward M. Reingold
Subject: Re: Calendar hack: Displaying ISO weeks, update for emacs 22, the real update
Date: 06 Dec 2006 15:05:18 -0600

    AH> I should point out as this is titled a hack and I do not have have a
    AH> test suite I will not guarantee that it works in all environments, BUT
    AH> I have used it with extensive diary usage, and with the use of
    AH> Norwegian names, holidays, and calendar set up without any problems
    AH> (except for eventual changes in functions/variables when a new emacs
    AH> arrived, e.g. v. 22) for 10 years.  Despite what the calendar author

How do you know that the holidays are correct when the calendar has more than
3 months?  Do you have a way to check, say, the dates of lunar phases, Easter,
Chinese New Year, Yom Kippur, Islamic New Year, solstices/equinoxes?  You will
see SOME holidays (or diary entries) but not all that apply to the months
displayed.

The code won't generally die ungracefully, but the the output will NOT be
right.
--

Professor Edward M. Reingold                Email: address@hidden
Department of Computer Science              Voice: (312) 567-3309