Re: tc.el --- timid completion

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: tc.el --- timid completion
Date: 25 Feb 2007 11:08:27 -0800

On Feb 25, 7:18 pm, Thorsten Bonow <address@hidden
aachen.de> wrote:

> Huh? This as no effect in my configuration.
>
> ;; ** ido.el
> (require 'ido)
> (ido-mode t)
> ;; ** timid.el --- timid completion
> (require 'timid)
> (timid-enable)
> ;; make timid work with ido
> (push 'ido-fallback-command timid-affected-commands)
>
> Nothing changes; timid is still not working even when pressing C-f again and
> ido
> is supposed to fall back on normal file selecting...

Works for me.

I don't use ido, but it downloaded it from http://www.cua.dk/ido.el
and tried it. I issued M-x ido-find-file, the files of the current
directory appeared in the minibuffer in an iswitchb-like way, I
pressed C-f, fallback to normal find-file, typed a few characters and
the possible matches from history appeared instantly.

There is no reason why it shouldn't work. Did you test it on emacs 21
like I did? Maybe on emacs22 something works differently. Did you
check if C-f actually invokes the command ido-fallback-command like it
does in my copy?