Re: timid.el --- timid completion

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: timid.el --- timid completion
Date: 2 Mar 2007 03:40:29 -0800

I added optional locate support (see variable timid-use-locate), so
that
completions not in the history are offered from locate results
automatically during
file completion.

After a few days of using timid with the buffer switching integration
(currently only iswitchb is supported) to open files I must say it's
very
natural and comfortable. I'm biased, of course, but when I had to go
back
to the standard way of file opening due to a temporary problem during
timid development it felt extremely clumsy and inefficient.

It's much nicer when emacs just does the right thing and simply offers
you
completions without you having to do anything.

Anyway, here's the code: http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/emacs/timid.el